If you’re suffering from neck pain, Dr. Julie Vance provides several treatment options in Milwaukee, WI to help achieve pain relief naturally.
Where Does Neck Pain Come From?
Every day, your neck or cervical spine goes through a great deal of work. It holds up the head throughout every movement – or hour of sitting – you carry out. Cervical vertebrae protect the spinal cord and also connect to the upper back and spine all the way to the curve of the back. Therefore, if any component of the neck is damaged or out of place, it can lead to pain and suffering from the head throughout the entire body. And unfortunately, there are many things that occur every day that can impact the neck’s essential components, including those listed below.
- Poor posture
- Repetitive stress
- Injuries, such as auto, sports, or work accidents
- Spinal misalignment
- Being overweight or obese
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain in Milwaukee, WI
There are many proposed treatments for neck pain, such as pain medication and surgery. However, medication is only useful for masking pain to some degree. It doesn’t treat the root of the pain. And surgery is an invasive treatment that should only be used as a last resort.
An effective – and natural – way to address neck pain is through chiropractic care, which is designed to treat the root cause of the symptoms. In order to meet this goal, Dr. Vance provides the following treatments and more.
- Adjustments: Spinal and cervical adjustments play an important role in ensuring that every single vertebra is in its proper place. When they are aligned properly, it can help to relieve pain, tension, and pressure on the nerves and muscles in and around the neck.
- Intersegmental traction: Intersegmental traction therapy is utilized to stretch out the spinal column, ligaments, and muscles while increasing blood flow and the supply of nutrients to each of these areas.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture helps to unblock the body’s natural energy flow, improve circulation, and relieve tension and pain throughout the body.
- Therapeutic exercise: Therapeutic exercises are effective at providing a combination of strengthening and stretching, which can help relieve tension while building up the body to prevent further pain.
- Nutritional counseling: Your diet can play an important role in your health, and that includes your spinal health. Dr. Vance will provide guidance in this area to promote healing and health.
Don’t resort to living on pain medicine if you’re suffering from neck pain in Milwaukee, WI. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Vance to learn what it’s like to live a naturally pain-free life.