If you’re searching for a way to become the healthiest you can be, Dr. Julie Vance and the team at Chiropractic Health and Wellness in Milwaukee, WI, are dedicated to providing holistic health care to help you meet your goal.
Quick Guide to Holistic Chiropractic Care
Often when you visit a healthcare professional, they take an inventory of your symptoms and prescribe a course of treatment to relieve those symptoms. Though relief is important, it’s only temporary when the underlying cause of the issue isn’t corrected.
Holistic health provides a different approach. Dr. Vance and the team at Chiropractic Health and Wellness in Milwaukee, WI, explain how below.
What Is Holistic Care?
Holistic chiropractors do take note of your symptoms and aim to provide relief. However, they do so by treating the whole person and the whole issue. In other words, they aim to relieve the symptoms by correcting what is causing them. They also take into account any factors that contribute to the underlying issue.
For example, imagine that you are suffering from neck pain. Upon assessing your neck, it is determined that a herniated disc is the source.
Holistic chiropractors would then aim to determine what caused the herniated disc to develop. In this example, imagine that it is caused by a combination of stress that is causing the muscles to tense and put strain on the cervical spine as well as poor posture.
With all these factors in mind, a customized treatment plan will be developed and will likely include the following techniques.
- Intersegmental traction, which would help decompress the spine, relieve tension, and relieve pressure on the discs
- Acupuncture, which helps address issues within the soft tissues, improves blood flow, blocks pain signals to the brain, and more
- Massage therapy, which helps relieve tension and takes pressure from the cervical spine
- Nutritional counseling, which can help ensure you eat the best foods for muscle, bone, and joint health
- Therapeutic exercises, which can help stretch and strengthen the neck, as well as help improve posture
- Lifestyle adjustments, which can help you change poor habits and build good habits to improve your spinal health
Combining techniques such as these ensures that the root cause as well as all contributing factors are corrected.
The above is just one example of a holistic treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be customized to your needs.
Learn more about the benefits holistic health can provide by visiting Dr. Vance at Chiropractic Health and Wellness in Milwaukee, WI. Call (414) 481-8683 to schedule your appointment today.