Headaches are, unfortunately, a common condition that affects almost everyone at some point in their life. The severity varies from mild to severe, and often seeking non-invasive treatment like chiropractic helps relieve headaches and reduce the likelihood of them reoccurring. At Chiropractic Health and Wellness serving Milwaukee, WI, Dr. Julie Vance and her team offer quality chiropractic care to help you work towards a pain-free life.
What Is a Headache?
We all have an idea of what a headache feels like. Still, medically, a headache is considered discomfort in the head or face. The severity and location vary greatly depending on the cause of the headache. It may be due to the muscles in the neck, back, and shoulders, the nervous system, or the blood vessels. Headaches are classified in one of two ways:
- Primary headaches – the headache is the main problem
- Secondary headaches – the headache is due to an underlying medical condition
In addition to this, there are many different types of headaches, including:
- Migraines – the most severe, sometimes accompanied by vomiting
- Tension headaches – the most common type
- Cluster headaches – repeated headaches over several days or weeks.
There are different treatment options for headaches. These depend on your headache type, the cause, and the severity. One of the ways that headaches can be treated is through chiropractic care, like the services Dr. Vance and her team at Chiropractic Health and Wellness serving, Milwaukee, WI, offer.
The treatment options that may work towards relieving your pain or reducing the frequency of your headaches are often holistic and integrative and may combine one or more of the following:
- Acupuncture is an ancient form of Eastern medicine that focuses on relieving the blockages in your Qi.
- Intersegmental traction is used to mobilize the spine and stretch muscles and ligaments. This helps realign your musculoskeletal system and improve your posture.
- Nutritional counseling – migraines are sometimes triggered by certain foods, or you may need to adjust your diet to improve your overall health and lifestyle.
- Therapeutic exercise is good for headaches due to spasms, muscle tension and strain, and ligament wear and tear from repetitive motion. Doing these exercises helps alleviate headaches or prevent their onset. This is especially useful for those who work in an office environment.
Please don’t suffer needlessly from headaches when Dr. Vance and her Chiropractic Health and Wellness team, your neighborhood chiropractic, massage, and acupuncture studio serving Milwaukee, WI, are available to help treat your headaches. For appointments, call us today on 414-481-8683 so that we can assess, diagnose, and treat your headaches with chiropractic care designed precisely for you.